Welcome to the Manual of Style page. This page will be used as a reference for editors on how to format the articles in the Date A Live Wiki in a more standard, organized manner.
- There is zero tolerance for fake information and speculations added to articles. Unless you can prove what you are writing is legitimate, do not add it.
- Spam and vandalism will be dealt with an immediate block from 3 days to 2 weeks depending on the severity of the action. Repeated vandalism attempts will lead to a permanent block.
- The first line in the intro should be about the subject of the article, and the subject has to be written in bold. This is only for the first sentence about the subject.
- The name of the photo should describe what is occurring in the picture.
- All character names are in uppercase.
- No random incoherent lines of letters or numbers for a name. For example, 19387012568920450.jpg and Tumblr 12345.png aren't appropriate names.
- Pixel size has to be above 300x300
- Try to make the name not be to long. 3-4 words is optimal for a name.
- Duplicate photos will be deleted. If seen, please report a duplicate photo that you have found.
- Avoid adding dashes in the file names. For example, a good picture name would be Date A Live Kurumi.jpg, not Date-A-Live-Kurumi.jpg
- Image Galleries are locked right now. The current size of the gallery, especially the manga section, remains oversized. There are also plenty of photos added previously that have improper names. Currently, there is a screening process to see which photos should be kept.
- Pictures are allowed in the plot sections. However, there are restrictions.
- Uploaded pictures must follow the above mentioned picture rules.
- Limit yourself to 3-4 photos for each volume summary.
- The face of the character that the summary is detailing must be present in the image.
- Anime only pictures for the summaries between Volumes 1-7.
- Keep NSFW pictures to a minimum in the synopsis. A warning will be issued if this happens.
- Wait for at least two volumes worth of content before making the Synopsis into a separate page.
- Synopsis is written in present tense.
- No vulgarity and swearing is allowed in the user pages.
Deleted/Previously Deleted Articles
- Deleted articles should never be revived on the wiki until and unless there is enough information to substantiate them.